dimanche 30 septembre 2018

Completed the Kanto Pokédex for the first time in over 15 years.

The first generation of Pokémon was a huge part of my childhood. I had hundreds of cards, watched the tv show, and played Pokémon Red for countless hours growing up. I remember trading with my friends and searching for hours to complete the Kanto Pokédex when I was in elementary school, and the original generation will always hold a special place in my heart.

Pokémon Go got me back into Pokémon. I have been playing everyday since the game launched, and I have been introduced to new generations of Pokémon I did not know before. I also bought a Nintendo 3DS in order to play through some of the newer hand-held games in order to get ready for them to come out in Pokémon Go. The game gives me motivation to get up and moving, something that I often struggle to do. I have walked over 1200 km playing Pokémon Go.

As of last night, I was 0/35 with the regional eggs. I desperately wanted to complete my Kanto Pokédex, and all I was missing was the three non-North American regionals. I knew the egg event was ending today, so last night at 1:00am, I impulsively decided to get walking. I miraculously managed to hatch Mr. Mime, Kangaskhan, and Farfetch’d in back to back to back eggs. I’m sure you all can imagine me trying to stifle my screams of joy at 1:30 in the morning in the parking lot of my apartment complex.

So, for the first time in at least 15 years, I was able to complete the Kanto Pokédex and man, does it make me feel ecstatic and nostalgic. I love how much joy (and some frustration) this game has brought me over the past two years.

https://imgur.com/gallery/IXO15MD

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire